COURTESY FROM MICHEL
•1 cup pastry flour
•1 tbsp sugar
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/2 cup frozen butter
•4 tbsp ice water
•1/4 cup butter
•1/2 cup sugar
•3 x golden delicious apples, cored and sliced into 6 pieces each
1. Put flour into a large bowl and whisk in sugar and salt.
2. Grate in frozen butter and blend lightly with fingertips.
3. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time and stir until dough comes together. Pat into a flat disc and refrigerate for at least a half hour.
4. Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet and add sugar.
5. Swirl pan around to help dissolve sugar and then let it caramelize.
6. Add apple slices in an attractive pattern and let them cook until they begin to brown and get soft.
7. Preheat oven to 375°F.
8. Roll dough into a 10-inch round and lay it over the apples in the skillet, tucking edges around apples.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until pastry is golden.10. Invert onto a serving platter while tart is still warm.